Wednesday 20 December 2017

Ducks n' Gulls

Last weekend (Saturday 9th) I did my WeBS count at Girton; nothing much of note, and only modest numbers of wildfowl, but there were two odd looking Aythyas in the Sailing Lake . Both promptly swam out of sight - one a male, the other a female or young bird. Sunday past, I made another visit to Girton, where I was aided by ice concentrating the wildfowl. There was no sign of the female bird, but the male showed well - a Tuftie x Pochard, with a charcoal grey mantle showing no sign of any vermiculations.

Tuftie x Pochard
Tuftie x Pochard
Tuftie x Pochard
Tuftie x Pochard
Tuftie x Pochard

Today, I had a quick look at Cotham Landfill - I'm managing one brief visit a week at the moment. Last week's produced the 1st W Yellow-legged Gull, and the same bird was still present today. Overall gull numbers remain fairly low... 

1st W Yellow-legged Gull
1st W Yellow-legged Gull
1st W Yellow-legged Gull
1st W Yellow-legged Gull
1st W Yellow-legged Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment