Sunday 13 November 2016

The Raven

Raven has been a long-expected addition to my Collingham list; I've seen them in Newark town centre this year, and encountered a pair behaving like they were breeding not a million miles away. They've been seen at Langford recently, and at Girton. Therefore, it wasn't a huge surprise when I heard one kronking when I was at Mons Pool on friday; I soon located it sat up in the tops of the trees on the island. It hung around for a while with a few other corvids, before heading south. A Water Rail again on the Silt Lagoon and an adult YLG in the small gull roost on Ferry Lane Lake were the only other birds of note. 



Another visit on Saturday produced another Water Rail on Mons Pool, with a Cetti's Warbler calling there as well, and 7 Whoopers still in the fields north of Meering Marsh. My WeBS count at Girton was fairly unspectacular, not helped by lots of disturbance (shooting and illegal fishing), but two female Common Scoter were on Spalford Pit, where they've been for a while now. 

1 comment:

  1. I noticed today they've been reported at Langford recently, no idea they'd been in, or over I guess, the town centre

    ReplyDelete