Saturday 5 November 2016

A swallow less ordinary

After dithering for half the morning, I finally decided that I had to twitch the Cliff Swallow at Minsmere, instead of spending a full day on the patch as I'd planned... This did, however, prove to be the correct decision. The bird showed superbly at times (although did go missing for periods), and there was confusion at times from some quarters when the Ordinary Swallows were showing distantly (I though they were called Barn Swallows?). It was also good to catch up with friends from Notts, Suffolk, and off of Twitter. 






So, patch tomorrow. Waxwings would be nice, but maybe too much to hope for; although I did have a group of 10 or so sat in my neighbours tree whilst working at home on Friday, which was a nice bonus!

The Waxwing tree (minus Waxwings)

1 comment: