Tuesday 19 April 2016

A glut of new birds

Having spent a fortnight in Mexico (of which more in future posts...), I managed my first visit to Collingham since 31st March this afternoon. As I was coming through Langford village, I got a text from Ken Lomas to say there was a Whimbrel on Ferry Lane Lake. Despite the best efforts of a dog walker, it was still there when I arrived; not an easy species and one I've missed the last couple of years. 

In addition to the Whimbrel, I added a further six new species for the year - Common Tern, Yellow Wagtail, Willow Warbler, Whitethroat, Lesser Whitethroat and House Martin. Ken had also heard a Sedge Warbler from the hide, but it was silent for the short time I could give it.

This pushes me on to 112 for the year at Collingham. Still plenty to go at!

No comments:

Post a Comment