Tuesday 10 November 2015

Playing it cool

For some reason, I didn't go and seethe Crag Martin at Flamborough a couple of years ago, so have been feeling decidedly twitchy with one just an hour from home, in Chesterfield; I couldn't go on Sunday (news broke when I was out for lunch with my parents), and hadn't really entertained the idea that it would be located again yesterday (and had travelled to work on the bus).

So today, I planned a (necessary) site visit to Silverhill, allowing me to bag the Crag Martin soon after it was first seen this morning. The bird showed well for a period, hawking around the crooked spire, but it was a rapid thing and difficult to follow - hats off to those who have got considerably better pics than I managed. 






The locals were a bit bemused

1 comment:

  1. I got mad looks when I watched the peregrine on Newark church steeple.

    ReplyDelete