Sunday 8 November 2015

Gulls and patching

Earlier in the week I had another two attempts for the Azorean YLG in the roost at Kilvington, neither successful; it could, in fact, have roosted on either day, but as birds roost on both main pits, it's impossible to check both, especially as birds are still coming in at dusk. 

My birding this weekend was very limited as my parents were up to visit; the highlight on a quick look at Collingham yesterday (Saturday) was 10 Curlew on Ferry Lane Lake, whilst this afternoon (having decided not to go to Chesterfield to dip Crag Martin), I spent two hours at Collingham up to dusk, as my effort for Patchwork Challenge 'patch day'; I clocked up 51 species, but missed several that I would have expected to see with a bit more time - I reckon another 10 or so could've been added without too much effort, starting with Great Tit!

No comments:

Post a Comment