Thursday 19 March 2015

Bittern bagged

Two additions to my Notts yearlist yesterday, after work: a Bittern (which was booming, intermittently, so I suppose I ought not say where it was...), and Cetti's Warbler. This puts me on 120 species, eight off the pace. I've still got a couple of bankers to get (Woodlark, Blackcap, LRP, Dunlin), but now I've cleared Bittern off my target list, I really ought to see a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker now... And with Rock Pipit and Common Scoter at Kilvington today, I should go and see those too, if I can be bothered...

Postscript: I did indeed go and twitch the Rock Pipit and Common Scoter at Kilvington, also adding my first Dunlin of the year. 



2 comments:

  1. A bittern is a glaring omission on my life list...must try and see it at Langford this year. On the bike next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have success! Sounds like a (very) early start is needed for them there...

    ReplyDelete