Friday 16 January 2015

An afternoon of fails

Knocking off work a little early, I had a look for Lesser Spotted Woodpecker at Rufford CP this afternoon, without any luck. Located a large tit/crest flock with accompanying Treecreepers and Nuthatches, but no Lesser 'Peckers. 

Having battled back through Newark I then had 40 minutes at Hawton Works Grassland at dusk. The Barn Owl put on another good dispaly, and several Grey Partridges were knocking around, but there were no SEO's to be had, despite one having been seen a stone's throw away earlier in the week. Which was disappointing. 

1 comment:

  1. I keep flushing those partridge when I'm running, always seems to be a flock of about 8-10 of them. No owls there for me yet, probably too early in the day. Always a lot of goldfinch around too

    ReplyDelete