Tuesday 16 September 2014

Completing the trio

Yesterday I returned to Rimac on the Lincs coast. Despite promising-looking conditions, it again proved to be fairly quiet, with generally low numbers of the commoner passage migrants; it certainly didn't feel like there was something big hiding amongst them, but with the amount of cover at this site, there could've been anything out there. If there was, I didn't find it - the best I could find were single Spotted and Pied Flys to complete my flycatcher trio for the site. Garden Warbler, Jay and a few Bullfinches were also additions over Sunday. 

Spotted Fly
Pied Fly

I decided not to go the Theddlethorpe, instead calling in on the patch on the way home. Not much was going on there either - 2 Green Sands were the best waders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment