Sunday 3 August 2014

Let's have a chat

Yesterday's patch visit was pretty uneventful; water levels on Mons were up, and there were very few waders around (one Common Sand). However, rounding the corner at the Silt Lagoon, a juvenile Cuckoo was sat in the track - I got some rubbish photos through the windscreen. It didn't seem too bothered by my presence, and flapped around after invertebrates. I'd like to think this bird was raised locally, but who knows. Onward to Meering, and after pulling some Himalayan balsam, I was pleased to find a female Gadwall with a brood of 4 half-grown young. 

Juv Cuckoo - digi-binned through my car windscreen

Today, and things were much the same; nothing much of note at Collingham/Besthorpe, more balsam pulling, and then a look at Meering. Tonight's star bird was a super little Whinchat lurking in the ruderal vegetation in the northeast corner of the Eon Lagoon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment