Saturday 4 January 2014

That's what I'm glaucing about

Another day, another visit to Cotham Landfill, this time in the morning. The adult Glaucous Gull appeared again, this time sat up at the back allowing me to photo it, unlike yesterday. A super bird, with a bit of blotching on the neck but otherwise unsullied. It then vanished and I couldn't find it again (hopefully it reappeared for Tom M and Dave H who arrived after I'd been there for an hour). The 1st W Iceland Gull also made an appearance, again showing well for a time - John H had an incredible 3 Icelands in the Hov roost this evening (two 1st W and a 2nd W).


Glauc
Glauc
Glauc
1w Iceland

After lunch, it was off to the patch. I added 5 species (Green Sand, Grey Partridge, Little Egret, Kingfisher and Green Woodpecker), bringing my total after two visits to 70 species. In addition, there were 3 Whoopers (2ads and the juv) in with the Mutes (numbering 87) west of the Trent, and both Chiffchaffs at Mons Pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment