Tuesday 3 September 2013

Saved by a Black-wit

Tonight's trip out to the patch  was shaping up as yet another uneventful visit, with things much as they have been recently; there were small numbers of common waders across the site - 2 Greenshank, 3 Common Sands, 2 Green Sands, a Dunlin, a Ringed Plover, and 3 Curlew. However, the evening was brightened up by a Black-tailed Godwit, which flew up from the south side of the island on Mons Pool and then disappeared off to the north. Nice, but where's my yank wader?

Earlier in the day I'd visited several sites in the west and centre of the county to undertake Farm Environment Plans for an HLS application. I saw Bullfinches at 5 out of the 6, and heard a Willow Tit on the Teversal Trails (my first for ages), where I also counted 11 gone-over Fragrant Orchids in their usual spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment