Sunday 19 May 2013

Two patch yearticks

It was actually a bit of a relief that the Collared Fly at Spurn did a bunk overnight, as it meant I could get onto the patch today; a nice walk around in the sun produced my first Hobby and Turtle Dove of the year at Mons Pool; I was particularly relieved to see the latter, which was curiously silent (perhaps a female). John Ellis then took me back round to Ferry Lane Lake where he'd located two small downy chicks belonging to a pair of Ringed Plovers, which was nice to see. 

A walk round Meering didn't produce much, except for loads of tadpoles, so I returned to Ferry Lane Lake briefly to meet up with Dan Watson to find out what he'd had at Langford (which included three Hobbys). Here, a Dunlin was a new bird. 

Tadpoles
 This afternoon, a walk round Kilvington Lakes produced 5-7 Grizzled Skippers at three discrete locations; not masses, but good to see none-the-less. 

Grizzled Skippers

No comments:

Post a Comment