Friday 22 March 2013

More Whoopers

As is now customary, I took this afternoon off (thank you flexi-leave) and headed for Cotham Landfill. I suspect this might be my last visit of this half of the year, as there were very few large gulls, and I quickly got bored looking through the BHGs.

Cutting my losses, I then headed to Collingham Pits. The Mute Swans in the field west of Ferry Lane Lake numbered 76 today, and among them were 4 Whooper Swans - the 'usual' lone bird (present since 3rd February), plus what was evidently a family group consisting of a pair with a juvenile, bringing the total number of Whoopers that this field has held this year to nine. 

A family of 3 Whoopers at Collingham Pits
Elsewhere on the site, there were 2 Oystercatchers and 12 Snipe on the Silt Lagoon, and at Mons Pool there were 12 Redshank and a Little Egret - no LRPs yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment