Friday 1 February 2013

Good gulling

A good gulling sesh at Cotham Landfill this afternoon produced a super adult Glaucous Gull (as usual my pics don't do it justice) - the first adult white-winger I've had at this site I think. No sign of the juvenile though, which I was expecting to see (as what was presumably it was seen at Hoveringham on its way to roost earlier in the week). 




Adult Glaucous Gull
Also present were three Caspian Gulls - an adult and two 1st winters (although I think one may've been a retarded 2nd winter judging from the tertials and coverts). The adult showed a nice suite of features - dark iris, parallel sided bill, attenuated rear end, white tip to P10 and long legs. Again, not great pictures:




Adult Caspian Gull (rear bird in the first two pics)

I only managed a pic of one of the two sub adults:


1st W Caspian Gull - or possibly a retarded 2nd W?

No comments:

Post a Comment