Sunday 30 December 2012

Back in Notts

Arriving back in Notts mid afternoon, I had just enough time for a quick trip out. I decided to head to Spalford Pit at Girton, which actually appears to be my only option north of Newark at the moment - the amount of water in the floodplain of the Trent is incredible, and there appears to be very little access to most of my sites - certainly the main Girton pit complex is entirely underwater, and Collingham/Mons Pool appears to be also. Spalford Pit (which is now a huge expanse of water) is only accessible by virtue of the fact that it is viewable from the floodbank. Anyway, with a bit of scanning in fading light I picked out the Ferruginous Duck (which had been reported again a couple of days ago) in amongst the Tufties.

Meadow Lane at Girton Pits - North Pit to the right. Definately no access...
Spalford Pit - the road to nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment