Sunday 11 November 2012

No Waxwings... yet

Opportunities for birding were a bit thin on the ground for me this weekend, but I had a few hours out this morning; I began by driving around a few spots in Newark looking for Waxwings, but without any luck; I'm not aware that any have been seen in the town yet.

I then did Collingham Pits and Mons Pool, both of which were relatively quiet; on the Main Pit at Collingham there were just shy of 200 Teal (which I looked through hopefully several times), plus a single drake Pintail, but no sign of the Red-crested Pochard. Wader-wise, this pit held single Green Sandpiper and Golden Plover, and 4 Redshank. The Silt Lagoon held 133 Wigeon, a further 17 Teal and a single Goldeneye, whilst at Mons Pool the only thing of note was 3 Curlew. Away from the pits, there were decent numbers of Fieldfare in the area, plus a few Siskin and one Redpoll overhead.

Hopefully next weekend may bring something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment