Friday 1 June 2012

Great White Egret

After a rather uneventful week (a couple of additonal visits to Mons Pool had been unproductive, although 8 Crossbills over my house in Newark in the early evening of the 29th were nice), it was good to get a call about a Great White Egret. This is a species I have half-heartedly tried for in Notts in the past, so I felt I ought to make an effort for this one.

Arriving at the site (which, for various reasons, can't be identified at this stage unfortunately), I soon picked up the Egret, actively feeding and occaisionally flying short distances on its huge wings. Very nice indeed.



Great White Egret at undisclosed site

Also present was a Turnstone - my 7th of the spring (and 5th self-found); in spring 2010 there were just 5 seen in the whole county, and in spring 2009 there were 9, so it's clearly been a good year for them.

Turnstone at undisclosed site

No comments:

Post a Comment